It has been awhile life has happened around here and blogging was not a priority unfortunately.
Last weekend my parents came up for a bridal shower for my sister. Dustin had been looking forward to this day for weeks because they were coming as was my sister's fiancee, Scott with his x-box that he had promised them they could play. Friday night Dustin woke up with an earache and was sick all weekend. He had a fever and his eardrum ruptured. I felt so bad for him because he was so excited for this day. He told me Saturday morning that he thought he could still play the x-box even though he felt sick. He did get to spend some time playing but he did not enjoy it as much as he would have it he had not been sick.
On Monday I took him to the Dr. for an antibiotic and he missed school on Monday and Tuesday because he was feeling sick still. He went back to school on Wednesday and feels much better. Tuesday night Garret woke up crying 3 or 4 times, I think. Each time he would try to tell us what was wrong but it was usually about Thomas or Dustin. We decided that he must be having nightmares. Same thing happened on Wednesday. Thursday morning he came into the office and told us "a ear hurt". Sure enough he had a red ear that looked like it was pretty painful. Up until this point he had said nothing about his ear so we were surprised. Steven had to go to work soon so we called the Dr. for an appointment for Friday morning, as I would not have a vehicle to take him Thursday afternoon. Thursday afternoon Garret's ear stared to drain. His eardrum had ruptured. When I went to the Dr. on Friday he said that he did not want to see me for 3 months at least. I hope so too. They are both on an antibiotic and we hope they clear up and stay that way.
This weekend was spent at my parents house. They have done some major remodeling and it looks really nice. We had a dinner with my siblings and spouses and kids between the afternoon conference session and the priesthood session of conference. It was nice because we were all together for the first time in quite awhile. Sunday was spent at my Grandmothers house for her traditional dinner between conference sessions. It was fun for my kids to play with some of my cousins and some of their cousins. It was fun but exhausting. I am glad to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment