Jan 25, 2012

Just life: An update

Well I am a slacker. I would say that I will do better but since I bever do I will say that I will try my best to be better.

Last time I posted I said that we would be having another baby. Well on May 5th 2011 our beautiful little girl was born via c-section. Emily has been such a joy to have around and her brothers love her so much that I am constantly having to tell them to leave her alone. She is such a happy baby and pretty easygoing. I have really enjoyed having a baby girl and look forward to many mother daughter moments to come. She is such a daddy's girl that she will cry if she even hears his voice and he does not pick her up.


Dustin has been enjoying school and basketball. He is reading way above his reading level and my challange has been finding books for him to read that are on his reading level and his maturity level. He turned 8 and was baptised a member of the church and started cub scouts. He loves scouts and can't wait to go every week. He has made a lot of improvement in basketball and it is fun to watch him play.




Thomas also seems to enjoy school and he wanted to play basketball so we signed him up but he is pretty anxious and doesn't want to go when he has a game. We have told him that he has to finish the season because he made a commitment but if he really does not like it he does not have to play after that. We will see what he decides. He loves to draw and color and paint. He also recently has taken a real interest in science.



Garret is a big helper with his younger siblings while the older boys are at school. He loves to tell stories and has a great imagination. He wants so much to be like the older boys. He is a little sponge when it comes to learning and can even "read" some books that he has had read to him many times.



Nathan it loving that he is not the youngest anymore. He talks all the time now and we can understand him better. He is always trying to wrestle with Emily and doesn't understand when she doesn't like it. He likes to tell me "I hold her" and is dissapointed when I tell him no.





We took a trip to the grand canyon and other national parks in Utah including Bryce, Zion, Goblin Valley and more this summer and really had a good time.




I have been keeping busy volunteering at the school and taking care of the kids. I love my life and couldn't ask for a better job than the one of Mother. I hope to do a better job at keeping up this blog but my kids come first so we shall see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment